Back to all blogs
How Small Businesses Can Get the Most out of Microsoft Azure & Office 365
March 22, 2022
Are you a small business owner who is looking for a way to get more out of your technology?
If so, you should be looking into Azure and Office 365. These two services can help you improve communication, collaboration, and productivity within your business. In this blog post, we will discuss what Azure and Office 365 are, why businesses should use them, and how to get the most out of them. Let’s get started!
What Are Microsoft Azure and Office 365?
Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for businesses. It provides businesses with the ability to create and manage virtual machines, storage accounts, and databases. Azure also offers a variety of other services such as App Service, Cognitive Services, and IoT Hub.
Microsoft 365 is a subscription service that includes Office 365, Windows Defender, and Enterprise Mobility + Security. Office 365 is a cloud-based version of Microsoft Office that includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneDrive applications. Windows Defender is an antivirus program that helps protect your computer from malware and other threats.
Benefits of Microsoft Azure and Office 365 for Businesses
There are many benefits that businesses can experience by using Azure and Microsoft 365. Some of these benefits include:
- Improved communication and collaboration within the business.
- Increased productivity through the use of cloud-based applications.
- Enhanced security features to protect your business data.
- A pay-as-you-go pricing model that allows businesses to only pay for what they use.
These are all general benefits of using Azure and Microsoft 365, but the ability to create an Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) is one of the best reasons for businesses to invest in these tools. AVD is a virtual desktop infrastructure that allows you to run a full Windows desktop in the cloud. This can be very beneficial for businesses that have employees who need to work from home or on the go. It also adds up to big cost savings because you don’t need to provide fully-equipped computers for every employee. They can simply run all of the applications they need on their own devices.
Scalability is another big benefit of using Azure to create an AVD. If your business experiences a sudden increase in traffic, you can easily scale up the resources that you are using without having to purchase any new hardware. When it comes to managing your IT, many of the general tasks like software updates, etc., can be managed by Azure, so you can increase efficiency.
Businesses that use Azure and Microsoft 365 also enjoy improved data security. Azure has a number of features that help to protect your data, such as Azure Active Directory, Threat Protection, and Data Loss Prevention. Windows Defender also provides protection against malware and other online threats. In the event of a cyber attack, you have a quick and easy data-recovery system in place as everything is managed in the cloud, so you can avoid any serious losses.
How to Get the Most out of Microsoft Azure and Office 365
Here are a few tips:
- Make sure you are using all of the features that are included in your subscription. For example, if you have Office 365, make use of the OneDrive application to store and share files.
- Create virtual machines for employees who need them. This can help to reduce costs and increase productivity.
- Use Azure Active Directory to manage employee access to applications and data. This is especially important for managing sensitive information.
- Make use of the various security features that are included in Azure and Microsoft 365. This will help to protect your business from online threats.
- Train employees on how to use the cloud-based applications they will be working with. This will help to increase productivity and ensure that everyone is using the applications in the most effective way possible.
By following these tips, you can get the most out of Azure and Microsoft 365 for your business. These tools can provide a number of benefits, including improved communication and collaboration, increased productivity, enhanced security, and more. Learn more about our Microsoft Azure and Office 365 services today!
The Employees Behind K3: Mike Garcia
The Employee's Behind K3: Mike Garcia Learn about the people who work hard behind the scenes at K3 Technology that help make this company a success.
The Top 10 Reasons Why the FTC Safeguards Rule Deadline is Critical for Your Business
The Employees Behind K3: Maya Steele
The Employee's Behind K3: Maya Steele Learn about the people who work hard behind the scenes at K3 Technology that help make this company a success.
President and FounderBook a Call Today!